Follow the link to download the standard conditions of hire (Word format)
Standard Conditions of Hire
The Standard Conditions of Hire are summarised here:
We also request that you follow these rules:
- FIRST AID A basic first aid box is kept in the kitchen on the end wall. Please write in the Accident book provided details of the accident attended to, and also list any items used.
- Any tea towels and tablecloths used please wash and return as soon as possible.
- All floor surfaces should be swept and if necessary mopped after use. All mops, brushes etc are kept in the store off the main hall.
- Please return chairs neatly stacked on the trolleys.
- Large and small tables should be stacked neatly in the assigned areas. Please do not use green baize tables for social functions with food or drink.
- A temporary event licence will need to be obtained if selling any alcoholic beverages from the hall premises and a copy given to booking secretary. Licensing hours are Monday – Friday between 10.00a.m. and 01.00a.m; Saturday between 10.00a.m. and Midnight. See Section 5 of the full Standard Conditions of Hire.
- All lights, fans, and heaters should be turned off on leaving the hall.
- When returning keys, please advise of any breakages or problems experienced.
- Payment for use of the hall should be sent with the booking form OR paid on the day of the event. Cheques should be made payable to Thwaites Village Hall.